15.1.10
what are you up to, brian?
One morning in 1979, Brian Duffy, then one of the most famous photographers in the world, came into work. One of his assistants told him they had run out of toilet paper. His memory is hazy, he admits, but what happened next became an ­episode of snapper folklore.

"I realised," he recalls in a documentary that airs on BBC4 ­tonight, "that I was making decisions about toilet ­paper. And I thought, 'This has got to end.' Either by me murdering my staff, killing myself, or setting fire to the whole fucking thing." So he gathered every negative and transparency he had ever shot and burned them on a fire in his back garden. After that, he never took another picture.


A história prossegue aqui.
[Leo Benedictus - guardian.co.uk]
 
posted by Eduardo Brito at 3:18 da tarde | Permalink |


0 Comments: