22.6.09
a divina desordem: i've lost touch with the world.



- Are you all right, Taylor?
- No, not really.
- What's up?
- I don't know. I feel so divorced from the world. I've lost touch with the world. Do you know that song by Mahler... I've Lost Track of the World?
- No.
- It's one of the most beautiful and saddest songs ever written. I can almost hear it now. Can you hear it?


It's gone now.


But did you hear it?

- I think so. It resonated right through the whole building.
- Where are we?
- In the armory, Taylor.
- "The armory, Taylor." It sounds so heavy and ponderous. "The armory."
- Nikola Tesla perceived the Earth as a conductor of acoustical resonance.
- I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you explain it to me?
- No, not really.
- I know. Let's pretend this coffee is champagne.
- Why would we do that?
- Well, to celebrate life. You know, like the rich, elegant people do. The classy people.
- I prefer coffee. Simple, working man's coffee.
- You're so provincial, Bill. Do you know what your problem is?
- What?
- You have no joie de vivre.
- I don't?
- No. Besides, this coffee is awful.
- You're right. It really is bad, isn't it?
- Dreadful.
- I propose a toast.
- So what should we toast?
- Paris in the 1920s. Josephine Baker, the Moulin Rouge. What is it? Okay?
- And also New York in the '70s. In the late '70s.
- Really? All right.
- Cheers.
- Delicious, isn't it?
- Champagne: Nectar of the gods. Is that all you're having for lunch, coffee and a cigarette? It's not very healthy.
- We had lunch earlier.
- We did?
- We're on a break here, a coffee break.
- How depressing. How long is our break, anyway?
- About 10 minutes, and it's nearly over now.
- Say it isn't true.
- Well?
- What?
- I asked you to say it isn't true.
- Say what isn't true?
- Never mind.
- Anyway, I have to have a nap.
- So call me when the break is over.
- Well, you have two minutes or less for your nap.



[Taylor Mead e William Rice - em imagem e texto- , in Coffee and Cigarettes, Jim Jarmush, 2003, segmento Champagne]



Etiquetas:

 
posted by Eduardo Brito at 1:20 da manhã | Permalink |


0 Comments: